Zealous Defense From Your Criminal Law Attorney
Police and prosecutors typically have a head start when criminal charges are filed. Presenting a strong defense takes hard work and the ability of your lawyer to learn the specific allegations against you. One of the best things a criminal defense lawyer can do is step in quickly and investigate your case. The early moments of any arrest are crucial to developing a defense. Moreover, an experienced lawyer who has a strong command of the law is crucial in safeguarding your rights.
At my firm, the office of Scott B. Meyer Attorney at Law, I personally handle all of the details of preparing and presenting a solid defense. I draw on more than 35 years of courtroom experience to provide an aggressive criminal defense. When you rely on me for your defense, I handle all of the correspondence with you to help ensure that you know where the case stands, and make informed decisions about how to proceed. I manage my load well to give my full attention to those I represent. I handle a wide range of criminal cases from initial investigation to post-conviction relief, including:
- Traffic violations such as speeding, reckless driving, evading police, hit-and-runs and many more
- DUIs and drunk driving, including license suspensions/revocations, multiple DUIs, felony DUIs, issues of ignition interlock devices, Breathalyzer tests and every other aspect of DUI matters
- Drug crimes, including possession, possession with intent to sell/deliver, drug trafficking, drug distribution and the many other forms of drug charges
- Sex crimes, including rape, statutory rape, sexual assault, child pornography and internet sex crimes
- Violent crimes, including assault, battery, robbery, burglary, domestic violence, child abuse, etc.
I also handle issues of protective orders, restraining orders and accusations that can lead to criminal-like consequences. I understand that many people fall into the criminal justice system — they do not necessarily have criminal intent. Mistakes happen, and I believe people deserve a second chance. The law affords people that by assuming innocence until someone is proven guilty.
Contact My Office Now
If you are under investigation, have been arrested or charged with a crime, do not say anything to law enforcement or prosecutors. Speak with an attorney first. Contact my office, and I will act quickly to give you the defense you need. Reach me online or by telephone at 618-509-5194.